KANSAI 行きましょ!! USJ & 天保山

JCOM not only takes us on intellectual trips to Nara or Kyoto, but they also take us to places where we're just expected to have fun! Having visited Universal Studios Japan (USJ) previously with my parents, I wasn't so excited. I was proved wrong. USJ IS SO MUCH FUN! I think the biggest reason is because I went with my classmates this time. Another reason is because it's summer and many rides involving water are open. When I went the year before last, it was the dead of winter, and many exciting rides such as Jurassic Park were under maintenance.

Our first stop was the Hollywood Dream: The Ride- a giant roller coaster. While I was in line for the roller coaster, I was moaning about what a stupid choice this was and that I regret ever lining up for this attraction. I started screaming the minute I got on the roller coaster and didn't stop until I reached the end. I swear the drop was almost 90 degrees!!! Wouldn't you scream?


USJ!!!

The next stop was Snoopy Land, considerably milder than Hollywood Dream. We took photos with the Snoopy sets and rode on the mini coaster in Snoopy Land. I must say that the mini coaster is very exciting and fun! Peppermint Patty's Stunt Slide, however, was a disappointment. It was slow and boring, but my pants got all wet. The ironic part is that we waited for almost 40 minutes for the Peppermint Patty's Stunt Slide and for other cooler rides we only waited for 10.


Miss Othmar : D

Joe Cool

Peppermint Patty's Stunt Slide

Our next destination was Jaws. I've never been on Jaws before, so the whole ride was a surprise. For the ride, we got on a boat and we had a tour guide that was telling us about Amity Island then the giant white shark appears unexpectedly. I thought that this ride was very exciting, but I admire the tour guides the most. They have to put on this act many many times a day. I find that all the staff at Universal Studios and Disneyland (especially Japan) are brimming with energy. Even though they probably don't make a lot of money, they seem to really love their job. I would love to work at one of these places!

a
在 JAWS ride 工作的可愛哥哥

JAWS

Because we didn't stay until nighttime, we thought we would miss the parades. We did not!! We saw an adorable Sesame Street Parade and even got the opportunity to take pictures with the Sesame Street characters. My favorite is the Cookie Monster. If I were a monster, I would be the Cookie Monster.


Big Bird & 黃衣小女孩

經典

ELMO & me

COOKIE MONSTER!

We had lunch at Louie's N.Y. Pizza Parlor. I chose a tomato mozzarella cheese spaghetti. The food tasted even better because the school paid for it : P After lunch we went on many other rides including Spider Man, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, and watched Water World. Spider Man is my favorite ride, but Jurassic Park was the most memorable.


Spaghetti lunch

Back to the Future

I vaguely remember Jurassic Park from when I was a little girl, and my mom took me to Universal Studios in California. I don't remember getting wet at all, but I do remember that the final drop was through T-Rex's legs. Even though I didn't think that I was going to get wet, I still bought a raincoat to be safe. I was very wrong. My hair was SOAKED and I was screaming when we dropped, so water got in my mouth. It was warm, salty, and disgusting. They should sell face masks as well as raincoats. If you plan on going to the ride, I would still suggest that you buy a raincoat because even though my hair was wet, my clothes were all dry.

The day we went to USJ was a very very lucky day. First of all, we didn't wait in line for any of the rides. We saw a parade. We got free lunch. The weather was excellent. Lastly, I had great friends to share this wonderful day with me! What more can you ask for?


Jurassic Park Ride

溼透了

The aquarium at 天保山 is a very famous aquarium best-known for it's whale sharks- the largest fish in the world. I love the architecture of the aquarium. It's so fun and full of life. I think it looks kind of like a Transformer! I saw many interesting sea creatures including penguins, seals, dolphins, whale-sharks, 翻車魚, tiny crabs, a sloth, jellyfish, stingrays, and even an entire school of fish that paused in the middle of the fish tank.


海遊館

入館卷販賣機

可愛的 sloth

三大男企鵝

上半身和下半身解體了?!!

長的像 George 的翻車魚

GRRRRRRRR...

For lunch, the school treated us to Turkish buffet. I've never had Turkish food before, so that was a new experience for me. The Turkish diet consists of a lot of lamb, tomatoes, and beans. I liked it, especially Turkish bread, which resembles Indian nan. After lunch we went on the 天保山 ferris wheel. We didn't even have to wait for the see-through carriage. If you plan on visiting the ferris wheel, you must try the see-through carriage, you feel like you've got the whole world under your feet!


Turkish buffet- 跟我的頭一樣大的麵包!!

摩天輪入場卷

See-through 車箱

留言