KANSAI 行きましょ!! Let's start from the beginning...

I've had a very eventful and unforgettable summer.
A few months ago, my mother and I decided that I would be spending my summer in a learning abroad program in Osaka, departing on 7/6 and returning on 8/4.

When I stepped off of the plane, still groggy from too much sleep, I saw Nina and two JCOM (the language school) staff already waiting for me and the other people who joined the program.
On the bus, everybody was sleeping, except for two guys who were constantly talking and taking photographs. I began to worry about whether or not I would fit in with the other classmates, but I soon become friends with everyone!


the crew & the Glico running man (a famous Osaka landmark)

Over the month, I made some very good friends including:
Sally, who took care of me like a big sister
Jimmy, an ABC that looks very serious but is actually very wild when you become close with him
Henry, a very funny guy who majors in Japanese
Daniel, a photography major with very penetrating eyes
Akira, a very cool 姐姐 who's into anime and ball-jointed dolls
Eden, a sweet and patient 姐姐 who attends National Taiwan University
菁菁, a 漂亮大姐姐 from Taichung who is a pro at doing other people's hair
and many others...

After filling out all the necessary paperwork and such at the language school, we headed toward the apartment, our home for the month. Nina and I roomed together in a small but very well equipped room. The only imperfection was that there was only one bed, so one of us had to sleep on the floor. Nina and I decided to take turns sleeping on the floor. Nina's a wonderful roommate : D


Our apartment, Noah's Ark Prince & Princess (who thought of that name??)


Our little room

Because our Chinese names translated into Japanese sounded very strange (for example, my name sounded like 牛蒡), one really funny thing that happened during the first week was during the start of school ceremony Henry went up when he thought his name was called to get his student ID, but instead found that it was Nina's student ID. From that day on, Henry became immensely popular with the teachers at JCOM.


Receiving my student ID

Me & my student ID


5B - our classroom!

The first week proceeded at turtle speed. We spent a lot of time shopping around 心齋橋, eating 大阪燒, 章魚燒 and taking many photographs of OSAKA. Everyday at school was a joy. I met some very wonderful teachers. My favorite is 高橋せんせい. He is so adorable and knows a lot about contemporary Japanese culture. 木村せんせい is also one of my favorites. Although he does not teach class, he takes us on many trips and deals with our living problems. HE IS EYE CANDY!! The staff at JCOM are always brimming with energy and seem to really love their jobs. That's what makes JCOM such a great language school.


Takahashi sensei


Aren't we cute? (Kimura sensei & me)

留言

張貼留言