KANSAI 行きましょ!! Hana yori dango

BREAKFAST
My mornings in Osaka began with either cereal or bread from Daily Hot (a Yamazaki bread company convinience store), but one thing I can't live without each morning is I Love Vegi, a Suntory produced vegetable juice. At first, I was attracted to it's very cute and delightful packaging, but I had doubts about it's flavor. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was refreshing and it really woke me up! Try it if you have a chance!


I love vegi ♡

LUNCH
My classmate's and my favorite lunch destination is なか卯, a popular 24-hour chain restaurant which specializes in udon and 親子丼. I always ordered a コンビ (combination) of two different small dishes. For example, a small udon and a small beef rice, but if you like beef rice, I suggest you go to 吉野家, a chain restaurant that specializes in beef rice.
Another lunch time favorite is ほっかほっか亭, a lunchbox store. ほっかほっか亭 offers a very wide variety of lunchboxes from fried chicken to even steak. I STRONGLY recommend the steak lunchbox! The steak is juicy and succulent, but the price is very reasonable. We became friends with one of the workers at ほっかほっか亭, but sadly, I did not have the opportunity to take a picture with him : (
Other lunch options include 穗理館, which sells jumbo lunchboxes, curries, spaghetti etc, Hanamaru Udon, a self-service udon that is fast, delicious, and cheap, and various small restaurants in alleys. For example, 59, an Italian bistro that offers not only a relaxing atmosphere to dine in and 1000 yen lunch sets with pasta, bread, salad, and a drink.


午餐最常光顧的餐廳

人氣 コンビ 冷烏龍麵+迷你 かき揚げ 丼

ほっかほっか亭

ほっかほっか亭 的牛排便當

超大的漢堡排便當

うどん & かき揚げ

很有氣氛的意式小館- 59

蕃茄, 培根, 茄子 Spaghetti

DINNER
A very memorable dinner experience in this trip is definately お好み焼き(大阪焼き). Five of us- Peter, Jimmy, Sally, Nina, and I- went to a famous お好み焼き store named 美津のお好み焼き. Not only was the food good, but the young man who cooked the 大阪焼き for us was also eye-candy. Although Osaka is renowned for it's 章魚焼き, I'm not such a fan. However, the most famous 章魚焼き stores (according to our teachers) is "大章魚" . Be careful not to let the 章魚焼き burn your mouth. It's hot!!


大阪燒店的帥哥

大阪燒

We ate a few meals at a restaurant opposite our apartment. I'm not sure what the real name of the store is, but we always call it 一汁三菜 (soup and three dishes). I also tried a Japanese fast food store- Lotteria. The burgers are more similar to Burger King's than McDonalds. I love how Japan offers ginger ale at almost every restaurants. Ginger ale is my favorite soft drink!


一汁三菜的 迷你鮪魚 & 迷你烏龍麵 コンビ

Lotteria 的套餐

Other dinner experiences we've had was Vietnamese food at a very authentically decorated vietnamese restaurant, curry udon in a bowl that's as big as my head, omurice (rice wrapped in egg) at a very famous omurice restraunt- 北極星, and my least favorite kind of japanese food- ramen. Even though Ramen is as representative of Japanese cuisine as sushi or sukiyaki, ramen is too salty for my taste.


越南小館

牛肉河粉

神座拉麵

鹹...

咖哩,炸蝦 烏龍麵

比我的頭還大的碗

北極星的夏季野菜蛋包飯

The highlight of this trip's dinners was SEAFOOD!!! Although I am not such a fan of crab or lobsters, I love sashimi and fish. One of my classmates told me about a seafood rice store, which is both tasty and cheap. I tried it and fell in love with it. The picture below shows the rice bowl. The toppings are salmon, toro, minced toro with 蔥, and sweet shrimp. It was heavenly. Mawaru sushi was also a wonderful and fun meal. The sushi platter revolves around a conveyer belt in front of the customers. There is no need to order or even talk to a waiter. The mawaru sushi store I visited was 130 yen 均一價. I ate many different kinds of sushi including raw beef sushi, unagi sushi, salmon sushi, and jumbo scallopp sushi. The best thing about this kind of sushi store is that you can control your budget and there is a wide variety of choice.
Osaka is a treasure trove of wonderful restaurants, you just have to look for them!


海鮮丼

130 yen 均一價的迴轉壽司

ジャンボ 帆立貝 お握り

留言