KANSAI 行きましょ!! I've got a sweet tooth!

I had a very different sort of food related experience in Osaka. I met someone famous (related to food)! Giant Shiroda is one of Japan's hottest 大胃王, someone who can eat TONS of food, and I was super lucky to see him promoting his own restaurant, which sells 串炸. He is very nice and humble for somebody so famous. When Nina and I asked for a picture he cheerfully replied いいお! (Sure!). I was so excited to see him that I was stuttering when I asked for a photo with him. I have never seen somebody famous on the street before. I will forever cherish this photo!


白田公主和兩個小矮人!!

Apart from really good food, Osaka has it's fair share of delicious desserts including crepes, waffles, cakes, and pies, and parfaits. There are two crepe shops on 心齋橋筋- Crepe Ojisan and Crepes de Cocorico. Personally, I think Crepe Ojisan is better because there are more choices of filling for the crepes. My favorite is strawberry, rare cheese, whipped cream, and pie crust!


草苺冰淇淋 可麗餅

My friends and I accidentally stumbled upon an adorable little shop called Waffle Waffle in the underground shopping street. Waffle Waffle sells a very wide range of stuffed waffles. I chose a chocolate & raspberry filled one. The waffle is piping hot and then mixed with cold chocolate cream and fresh raspberries. I highly recommend Waffle Waffle. They're not only tasty, but they also look very pretty.


Waffle Waffle

Chocolate Raspberry 口味

8B is a shop located in Horie, a district filled with edgy shops and stylish restaraunts. 8B specializes in baumkuchen, a type of layered cake which reveals golden rings when cut open, thus giving it another name- the "tree cake". 8B uses their fresh-out-of-the-oven baumkuchen and makes them into desserts such as parfaits and strawberry or orange baumkuchens. 8B also has another famous dessert called the 8B Sandwich, which is two pieces of sponge cake with whipped cream in the middle. 8B is the perfect place to purchase a cake for special occassions or as a gift.


8B Dolce

草莓 Baum

Baum parfait

Lipton Teahouse offers a very wide range of pies and cakes including mango shortcake, blueberry pie, and mixed berry pie. I already visited Lipton once in the past when I went to Kyoto with my mother. When I went to Kyoto again I happened to run into this shop again. I recommended it to my classmates and they fell in love with the scrumptious pastries Lipton Teahouse offers.


Berry pie

"And Be" is a shop that sells frozen yogurt and frozen yogurt parfaits. Nina ordered a strawberry frozen yogurt parfait and I ordered a mango frozen yogurt. Don't eat too fast or you'll experience the painful sensation of a brain freeze!
Not only does Osaka have a wide selection of food, but it also has plenty of wonderful desserts. When you're feeling weary from all the walking and want to take a break, find a small cafe, order some tea and dessert, and enjoy!


strawberry frozen yogurt parfait

Mango frozen yogurt

留言

  1. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was
    wondering which blog platform are you using for this site? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had
    issues with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for
    another platform. I would be fantastic if you
    could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Here is my page: 台北酒店

    回覆刪除

張貼留言